Friday, September 18, 2009

what´s up

Sarah and I went searching for nearby yoga studios and got caught in the rain (it rained this week, what the hell Granada?). We wandered to the closest awning only to find a sign for yoga on the building! What luck! We buzzed in and were greeted by a sweet, peaceful looking old woman who seemed to run yoga classes out of her apartment. How adorable! She told us the first class was free and excited, we signed up for the next day. The next day we entered and found we were the only two taking this class. She led a session of something I honestly can´t even let myself call yoga. Exercise after exercise of seriously, just bending and straightening my arm. 10 minutes explaining how to do leg bicycles. Only breathing through my nose. Ending with a 25 minute relaxation session. I´m sure I would have gotten more exercise sleeping.

Unsatisfied and confused, Sarah and I hurried out of there and into the closest candy store. Bought 5 dollars worth of stale candy (unfortunately nobody warned us how candy stores in Spain work), felt empty and lost and went on a really long run.

Weirdest afternoon in Spain so far. We have not lost hope and will continue our yoga search.

I have to go to class!

1 comment: